Monday, November 9, 2009

Inquiry Plan update 1

This week I have started working on getting consent for all of my students to be video taped. At the beginning of the year, the entire school sends out forms for permission to video tape, students to use the internet, be photographed, and have their work published. I have two students who's parents signed "no" for video taping. I am in the process of trying to get those parents to give consent for this project, because my pre-assessment involves video taping the entire class so that we can compare their behavior at the beginning and the end. I want the students to be able to see their behavior, and discuss how it changes during the process. Although I have begun using some of my behavior modification plans, I want to save most of them for after my initial video tape, so that the students will have a chance to really see the difference. I am hoping to have permission from the other parents by Friday.

3 comments:

  1. Assure the parents that this is just to be used for instructional purposes and within the confines of your class. This will not be shared on your blog and will only be accessed by your group members and me of course through blackboard. If these parents say no you can always put the video right behind them so they are not in the screen. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really smart to check on your consent forms. Some parents get really nervous about that! I look forward to hearing how it goes next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just reminded me that I need to check consent forms for my kids. I hope they have all checked that they can be video taped. If not, I'll guess we'll have to make sure they aren't on the tape like Clarke mentioned. Good luck with this. We both know how hard it is to get papers back from parents.

    ReplyDelete